Bing Chat is an AI alternative to Chat-GPT. I’ve been testing it quite a bit since, at least for now, it is completely free and in most cases does an excellent job.
Here is a test case that worked perfectly for me…
Prompt: How can I compile a Python program into an executable file?
There are several ways to compile Python code into an executable file. One of the most popular ways is to use PyInstaller² which can be installed using pip package manager². Once installed, you can use it to create an executable file by running the following command in your terminal:
This will create a folder named “dist” in your current working directory which will contain your executable file².
Another way to compile Python code into an executable file is to use auto-py-to-exe¹. You can install it using pip package manager and then launch it by entering “auto-py-to-exe” into cmd¹. Once launched, you can select the python script path into Script Location field and decide whether you need the exe file as One Directory or as one file¹.
Source: Conversation with Bing, 3/30/2023
(1) How to Turn Your Python Code into an Exe on Windows – Mouse Vs Python. https://www.blog.pythonlibrary.org/2021/05/27/pyinstaller-how-to-turn-your-python-code-into-an-exe-on-windows/ Accessed 3/30/2023.
(2) How to Compile Python to Exe ? 3 Methods – Data Science Learner. https://www.datasciencelearner.com/how-to-compile-python-to-exe/ Accessed 3/30/2023.
(3) How to compile Python to exe | Code Underscored. https://www.codeunderscored.com/compile-python-exe/ Accessed 3/30/2023.
(4) How to Compile Python Script (with Pictures) – wikiHow. https://www.wikihow.com/Compile-Python-Script Accessed 3/30/2023.
(5) How can I convert a .py to .exe for Python? – Stack Overflow. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41570359/how-can-i-convert-a-py-to-exe-for-python Accessed 3/30/2023.
(6) Create Executable of Python Script using PyInstaller. https://bing.com/search?q=how+to+create+an+executable+file+from+python+code Accessed 3/30/2023.
(7) Two Simple Methods To Convert A Python File To An Exe File. https://www.datacamp.com/tutorial/two-simple-methods-to-convert-a-python-file-to-an-exe-file Accessed 3/30/2023.
(8) How do I make an executable from a Python script?. https://www.tutorialspoint.com/how-do-i-make-an-executable-from-a-python-script Accessed 3/30/2023.
(9) How to Easily Convert a Python Script to an Executable File (.exe). https://towardsdatascience.com/how-to-easily-convert-a-python-script-to-an-executable-file-exe-4966e253c7e9 Accessed 3/30/2023.
Prompt: Using pyinstaller, can my Python program be compiled into a single file?
Yes, it can be compiled into a single file. You can use PyInstaller to create a single executable file by using the “–onefile” option. Here’s an example command:
pyinstaller --onefile yourscript.py
This will create a single executable file in the “dist” folder of your current working directory.
Absolutely! It worked perfectly with a simple file management program I wrote. Just like the tip above mentioned it would do, it created an exe file in a
dist folder that it created that I was able to copy to my Desktop to make it more convenient to run.
One Reply to “Hey Bing Chat: How can I compile a Python program into an executable file?”
You must log in to post a comment.